1.3 National youth strategy
On this page
On this page
No national Youth Strategy exists at the moment.
For the period 2019-2024, the Government has pointed out its priorities in the field of youth in the Community's political declaration. This plan gives the Government's guidelines for various sectors affecting young people : education, youth work policy, youth welfare policy, sport and culture.
The Government is agreed on the need to step up measures aimed at younger generations through a "0-25 Child and Youth Plan". It aims at strengthen investments in children and youth affected by the pandemic. See 1.9 Current debates and reforms.
A Youth Strategy, “Plan Jeunesse 12-25” (Youth Plan 12-25) was discussed from 2010 to 2013 by the former Government of the French-Speaking Community. It is currently an unfinished project that aimed to:
- implement a global approach for youth policies in the French Community ;
- foster cooperation between Ministers dealing with youth (Education, Employment, Sports, etc).
Although the process was really interesting for participants and helped to create a global vision on youth policy, it didn’t lead to the implementation of a National Youth Strategy.
The priorities in the field of youth as pointed out in the political delclaration 2019-2024 are the following:
- implementing an interministerial conference in order to further take into account young people in every policies;
- strenghtening synergies between departments of the French-speaking Community ;
- maintaining services and loan of scouting movements material (tents) ;
- make durable the confidence granted to youth associations in order to maintain youth work, citizenship and participation through non formal education ;
- ensure youth participation in decision-making through youth work ;
- Concrétiser les ajustements identifiés dans les évaluations des décrets « organisations de jeunesse » et « centres de jeunes » réalisées sous la précédente législature, avec notamment pour objectif la simplification administrative ;
- supporting "non-organised" young people's projects and ensuring that "non-organised" youth is represented in the dialogue between decision-makers and the youth sector ;
- fostering youth and senior projects ;
- supporting the implementation of the Youth Forum.
The responsible authority for the implementation of youth part of the Community's political declaration 2019-2024 is the Youth Minister.
There are no revisions or updates.