On this page
On this page
No national Youth Strategy exists at the moment.
A Youth Strategy, “Plan Jeunesse 12-25” (Youth Plan 12-25) was discussed from 2010 to 2013 by the former Government of the French-Speaking Community. It is currently an unfinished project that aimed to:
- implement a global approach for youth policies in the French Community ;
- foster cooperation between Ministers dealing with youth (Education, Employment, Sports, etc).
Although the process was really interesting for participants and helped to create a global vision on youth policy, it didn’t lead to the implementation of a National Youth Strategy.
For the period 2019-2024, the Government has pointed out its priorities in the field of youth in the Community's political declaration.
The priorities in the field of youth as pointed out in the political delclaration 2019-2024 are the following:
- implementing an interministerial conference in order to further take into account young people in every policies;
- strenghtening synergies between departments of the French-speaking Community ;
- maintaining services and loan of scouting movements material (tents) ;
- make durable the confidence granted to youth associations in order to maintain youth work, citizenship and participation through non formal education ;
- ensure youth participation in decision-making through youth work ;
- Concrétiser les ajustements identifiés dans les évaluations des décrets « organisations de jeunesse » et « centres de jeunes » réalisées sous la précédente législature, avec notamment pour objectif la simplification administrative ;
- supporting "non-organised" young people's projects and ensuring that "non-organised" youth is represented in the dialogue between decision-makers and the youth sector ;
- fostering youth and senior projects ;
- supporting the implementation of the Youth Forum.
The responsible authority for the implementation of youth part of the Community's political declaration 2019-2024 is the Youth Minister.
There are no revisions or updates.