On this page
On this page
There is no specific National strategy on creativity and culture for or of young people. However, this topic wasone of the strategic goals of the Youth Strategy til 2020 (for details on Youth Strategy see Chapter 1.3).
As main strategic documents in the fields of culture and creativity, there are:
Both of them name young people several times as the relevant target group of these policies, especially in relation to artistic and aesthetic education. On the other hand, young people per se are not a primary subject of these policies. The primary subject are culture and arts, young people are only seen as the subject of Culture and Arts.
There are six priorities:
- Support of cultural identity, cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue
- Development of creativity, support of cultural activities and creation of cultural goods, provision of cultural services, support of access to culture, and support for participative culture facilitating social inclusion
- Maintaining of cultural heritage
- Use of cultural heritage and cultural activities, services and goods for development of economy and improvement of competitiveness, support of mobility
- Use of eCulture tools for cultural development
- More effective environment for supporting cultural activities, providing public cultural services, creation of cultural goods and maintaining of cultural heritage
Among the second priority, there is measure no. 2.1.3: More effectively include cultural institutions in the system of education, especially of children, youth and members of socially endangered groups, to implement and widen domestic and international projects with this focus. It is in the competence of the Ministry of Culture in cooperation with Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and Ministry of Industry and Trade.
The goals of the Concept are:
- Support of artistic production, professionalisation and strategic planning
- Use of potential of culture for societal development
- Support of international cooperation and export
The implements of the Concept are on several levels:
- Governance and steering
In relation to young people, there are several notions concerning:
- Support of educational activities for Children and Youth in the field of professional and non-professional art.
- Ensuring formative and educational activities for Children and Youth
- Support of Creativity in Children
- Further education of Bohemists (scholars of the Czech language, literature or culture) about the current in the field of literature for Children and Youth
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and its Youth Department are responsible for the implementation of the Youth Strategy.
The Ministry of Culture is responsible for the Implementation of the State Cultural Policy and the Concept to support of Art.
For information on the Youth Strategy, see Chapter 1.3.
State Cultural Policy for years 2015-2020 with prospect to the year 2025
The current State Cultural Policy further develops the first State Cultural Policy for years 2009-2014, and it is based on its evaluation. If relevant, the revision is expected around the year 2020. The basic outline, however, is expected to stay until 2025.
Concept of supporting Art in the Czech Republic for years 2015-2020
It is the second strategic Concept in the field of supporting Art in the Czech Republic. The first predecessor was a Concept of more effective support of Art for the years 2007-2013. The Government approved it with the Decree no. 676 from the 31st of May 2006.
The new Concept no longer deals with the field of Cinematography and with Museums and Galleries since the Government approved new separate strategies in these fields. There are also separate strategies for Libraries and Folk culture.
The Concept for the period 2015-2020 is based on the evaluation of the implementation of the previous Concept. The evaluation is public and it is an Annex of the current Concept as well. Not all of the measures of the first Concept were successfully implemented.