On this page
Even though there is not an unified and overall competency-based framework for youth workers, the occupations such as youth and sports expertise and youth leadership offer career tools and paths which certificates the promotions and progress within this profession. On the other hand, there is no certification system which assesses and recognizes all skills-acquisition that takes place during youth work. Also, concerning the youth workers functioning in youth civil society sector such mechanisms targetting the skills recognition are not in place.
The recognition and validation mechanisms applicable to public youth workers (youth and sports expert, youth leaders) are subsumed under their officially recognized career stages.
Measures for the recognition of work-based or experiential learning and competences are unavailable for both youth and sports experts and youth leaders. Recognition of their competences consists in their success in the exams subsequent to relevant trainings. Bylaw concerning Youth and Sports Expertise regulates the career path and requisite competences.
First step of the becoming of youth and sports expert is to enter office as an assistant youth and sports expert after having passed several exams. And following steps are to be taken:
- 3 years experience in assistant expertship
- Passing the qualification exams for promotion to youth and sports expertise.
- Succeeding in foreign language exams
- Writing a dissertation on youth
These criteria ensure an occupational profile standard for youth and sports experts.
The subjects of the development training courses delivered to the youth leaders as required in the the Directive by the Ministry of Youth and Sports on Principles and Procedures of Development, Training, and Working of Youth Leaders are as follows:
- Ministry of Youth and Sports
- Youth Centers
- Leadership and Youth Leadership
- Institutional Culture
- Relations with Non-governmental Organizations
- Project Cycle and Stakeholder Analysis
- Community and Disadvantaged Groups
- Historical and Cultural Values
- Values Training
- Thematic Training Courses
- Fighting Harmful Habits
- Event Design
- Event Groups (Drama, Theater, Music, Literature, Folk Dances, etc.)
- Fundamental Rights and Liberties
- Youth Psychology
- Developing Youth-Friendly Approach (Peer Training)
- Youth Information
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Team Management/Group Work
- Communication Skills
- Social Media and Internet