On this page
On this page
There are currently no national strategies encouraging healthy lifestyles and heatlthy nutrition in the German-speaking Community of Belgium.
Mission statement on sustainable nutrition in community education (Leitbild zur nachhaltigen Ernährung im Gemeinschaftsunterrichtswesen) The DGG Service and Logistics has therefore worked out a mission statement with working groups from all schools, which applies to all schools in the community teaching sector. It refers to the school restaurants as well as the snacks sold at the kiosk and the educational activities. The mission statement includes eleven points:
- Selection of foods that promote concentration, attention and vitality;
- Adaptation of the nutritional supply to children with disabilities or medical pathologies (especially consideration of allergies); for this purpose, ideally, own jobs should be provided for;
- Adjusting the nutritional supply to the age of the children;
- Promotion of regional food culture and at the same time an intercultural offer;
- Application of gentle cooking processes;
- Priority for local and regional products;
- Priority for organically grown products;
- no exotic and energy-consuming products;
- Priority for fair trade products;
- Compliance with further sustainability criteria (eg packaging);
- common sense in the case of conflicting goals (eg weighing sustainability vs. fair trade product, regional vs. organically grown products).
Checkups, vaccine protection and dental hygiene,... Parents can do a lot for the health of their child. The health of children has improved significantly in recent decades. A crucial part of this is the services of lawmakers and organizations like Kaleido, which parents can use for their children. The health examinations and vaccinations are free.
There are currently no specific peer-to-peer education approaches to healthy lifestyles and healthy nutrition in the German-speaking Community.
There are currently no specific collaborations or partnerships on the subject of healthy lifestyles and healthy nutrition in the German-speaking Community.
Raising awareness on healthy lifestyles and on factors affecting the health and well-being of young people
Kaleido, the Center for Healthy Development of Children and Young People, is responsible for raising awareness on healthy lifestyles and on factors affecting the health and well-being of young people. It regularly organises public information campaigns and offers informational activities in schools.