In 2017, a new financial instrument was introduced in Estonia from the state budget to support young people’s participation in hobby education and hobby activities (see chapter 8.5.). The impact of this instrument on its main aims: greater access of young people to hobby education, enlarged variability of the offer, and better quality of hobby education and hobby activities. The first results were published in August 2019. Almost 20 million euros enabled to create 1,800 different activities for 59,000 young people.
The year 2020 is the year of Digital Culture. See more in Chapter 8.5 and 8.1. Therefore, there are many activities connected to digital culture and making culture more available to all age groups, not only young people.
Because of the Covid-19 crisis in 2020, the Ministry of Culture has given out financial support to all cultural fields and institutions in order to help them through these difficult periods. The whole culture help package is 25 million euros, from which:
- 6 million euros go to museums;
- 4 million euros go to theatres;
- 4 million euros go to music;
- 2.3 million euros go to sports;
- 1.3 million euros go to movies;
- 0.6 million euros go to arts;
- 0.5 million euros go to design;
- 4.2 million euros go to creative support;
- 0.6 million euros go to choir and dance leaders;
- 0.4 million euros go to sports coaches.