10.7 Raising awareness about youth work
On this page
For leaders in youth movements or animators in youth work there are a lot of informative and useful websites.
Websites on rules within youth work:
- Tips for going on a walking or cycling tour with groups on safe on journey
- Everything to know about safe sheltering groups on youth chambers
- Everything to know about organising an event on I organise
Website on games and room to play
- Inspiration for forest, ball and circle games.... on gamessite …
- Inspiration about space to play, the importance of movement, risks... on Good played!
Website on going to camp
- Inspiration for cooking on camp or what to do with media on camp
- Looking and applying for a good campsite, the regulations it has to cater to can all be found on on camp
- You can get a ‘Partner of what what’ label after following a training so that you can proof the information you’re distributing is reliable
- Drugs on the move helps to draw up rules about drugs and alcohol on camp
- You can sign up to volunteer to organize activities at an unaccompanied minor shelter on the website of Wereldspelers of the red cross
- Other organisations provide training to train you as an animator or leadership in a particular theme, for example, Tumult works on non-violence among young people, Mediaraven who provides trainings on media or Pimento who gives courses and workshops on relationships and sexuality in youth work.
- All information about the Attest Animator in Youth Work can be found on www.mijnkadervorming.be
Flanders has already taken steps, taken initiatives and started pilot projects, but especially from organisations (the Ambrassade) and youth movements themselves.
Futher information is provided in chapter 6, section 6.9.