10.7 Raising awareness about youth work
On this page
For leaders in youth movements or animators in youth work there are a lot of informative and useful websites.
Websites on rules within youth work:
- Are you going on a walking or cycling tour with your group? Then take a look at www.veiligopstap.be for tips.
- Everything you need to know about your classrooms can be found on Jeugdlokalen.be.
- Everything you need to know to organise a party can be found on Ikorganiseer.be.
Website on games and room to play
- Do you want to play another game? On www.spelensite.be you'll find more than 2,900 forest games, ball games, circle games ...
- Goe Gespeeld! gives tips and information about space to play, the importance of movement, adventure, playing in the green, risks ...
- On Youth Maps you'll find all the other youth activities in your neighbourhood and a lot of play areas: nice places, youth accommodations, play forests ... Make your own trip between the nicest play areas in your neighbourhood.
Website on going to camp
- No inspiration to cook at camp? Find more than 450 recipes at www.kokenopkamp.be to take your camp costs to the next level.
- Are you leaving for camp? Check Opkamp.be for good campsites, regulations and papers to apply for admission.
- What to do with mobile phones at camp? On www.mediaopkamp.be you will find a lot of inspiration to work with them in a fun and responsible way!
- Want to inform your members in a reliable way? Discover all the websites, leaflets and games with the WHAT WHAT label on the Pinterest page of the label!
- Is your website suddenly offline? Do you want to reach more followers on the Facebook page of your youth movement? The Mediaraven Media Helpdesk will help you!
- Drugsinbeweging.be helps your youth movement to draw up rules about alcohol and drugs.
- Are you looking for ways to brainstorm, evaluate or give back some energy to your group? Check out the Working Methods database of De Ambrassade.
- Do you want to do something for refugees? Sign up to volunteer to organize activities at an unaccompanied minor shelter. Check the website of Wereldspelers.
- Other organisations provide training to train you as an animator or leadership in a particular theme.
- For example, Tumult works on non-violence among young people.
- Pimento gives courses and workshops on relationships and sexuality in youth work.
Mediaraven gives trainings on media.
- You can read all about the route to the Attest Animator in Youth Work on www.mijnkadervorming.be
Flanders has already taken steps, taken initiatives and started pilot projects, but especially from organisations (the Ambrassade) and youth movements themselves. The government's efforts to raise public awareness about the value of youth work are scarce.
Futher information is provided in chapter 6, section 6.9.