On this page
Within the Ministry of Youth and Sports and its youth sector, a smaller internal units - Group for cooperation with associations and youth offices deals among other things with:
- creating conditions for the establishment and operation of youth offices;
- monitoring youth policy and the work of youth offices at the local level;
- support for young people for active participation in the local community;
- monitoring the implementation of programmes of youth organizations and associations and local self-government units;
- collection and consolidation of measurable data on youth on the basis of monitoring the implementation of programmes and projects implemented in local self-government units, which are aimed at young people, as well as their continuous updating;
- preparation of analyzes on the effects of programmes and projects implemented by associations and offices for youth and reporting on them;
- analyzing and checking financial reports on the implementation of funded programmes and projects implemented by associations, youth offices and local self-government units in the field of youth;
- keeping a single record of youth associations, youth associations and their associations;
- encouraging young people to organize and associate and to participate in social flows;
- capacity building of youth associations and youth offices; preparation of publications in the field of youth policy;
- support for the development of various youth services at the local level;
- cooperation with associations and offices for young people in organizing international events and gatherings in coordination with the Sector for International Cooperation and European Integration;
- encouraging non-formal education of young people etc.
Through the Fund for Young Talents, synergies are created between education system and youth organisation in field of culture who are organizing competitions related to school art-related subjects.Partnerships between the culture and creative sectors, youth organisations and youth workers
In 2019, the city of Novi Sad took the title of the European Youth Capital. With OPENS19 Programme Novi Sad created more opportunities for youth by youth, empowered them to become pro-active initiators of positive changes, introduced innovative ideas not only in Novi Sad, but also at national and international level. Young people and youth organisations created more opportunities in terms of employment, education, free time, culture, healthy lifestyle and network with the rest of Europe. In May 2018, the Government of the Republic of Serbia declared OPENS (Youth Capital of Europe Novi Sad) a project of national importance.
Furthermore, the city of Novi Sad took the title of European Capital of Culture in 2021, when it will be available for the first time to cities and countries outside the European Union. The project “Novi Sad 2021” was designed as a platform for the development of cultural and creative potentials of the City, which in the coming years will aim to strengthen the cultural vitality, enable urban regeneration and improve the international reputation and tourist offer of Novi Sad. In this way, the City of Novi Sad will develop its local concept and strategy for sustainable development of the cultural sector with a focus on: strengthening cultural institutions, renewing cultural heritage, strengthening cultural participation, developing cultural and creative industries, decentralization and cross-sectoral cooperation.
The specific focus of one of the program pilars is on children and young people. The goal of the platform in this segment is promotion and development of children's creativity and the creativity of young artists, as well as the networking of Novi Sad and Europe through cultural exchange of children and youth. Thus, the realization of a whole series of cultural infrastructure projects has started. One of such examples is the reconstruction of „Chinese Quarter”, within which a space specially intended for youth was reconstructed - Youth creative polis.The project was supported by the ‘Novi Sad 2021’ Foundation and OPENS, representative of art production, representative of craftsmen from the “Chinese Quarter”, as well as representatives of the City Administration for Culture, City Administration for Building Land and Investments, City Administration for Public Services and Utilities, and City Administration for Urban Planning and Construction Works.