Two programmes for cross-border mobility that are being most active in Serbia are:
- Erasmus+ programme – Key Action 1 Learning Mobility of Individuals
- EU Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs
Erasmus+ programme – Key Action 1 Learning Mobility of Individuals is a part of the programme that supports mobilities for students, trainees, apprentices and young people, through their vocational schools, higher education institutions and youth organisations. In terms of mobilities fostering employment, entrepreneurship and vocational opportunities, individuals participate in different parts of KA1. Young people participate in:
- Learning mobilities for higher education institutions, where students have the chance to go to Program and/or Partner Countries for traineeships in HEIs or companies;
- Short/long term mobility in VET providers and/or companies abroad;
- Youth exchanges where topics can address youth employability.
The support to individuals wanting to participate in Erasmus+ Programme is provided by the National Agency – Foundation Tempus (Fondacija Tempus) in terms of guidance and advice before, during and after mobilities.
EU Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a programme for entrepreneurs mobilities aiming to support their knowledge and practical skills gain. Individuals from Serbia are supported by local points in terms of guidance, help with application and establishing communication with suitable foreign entrepreneurs. Local points in Serbia are Serbian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Creative Hub, Business Incubator Novi Sad, Business Development Center Kragujevac.Legal framework
There is no specific legal framework for cross-border mobility of young workers, trainees/apprentices and professionals/entrepreneurs in Serbia. The Law on Foreigners (Zakon o strancima) applies also to all incoming young workers, trainees/apprentices and professionals/entrepreneurs.