On this page
On this page
In boosting young people’s entrepreneurial skills, Arts Council Malta’s strategic tools is mainly business development with aim of creating an environment to:
- empower cultural entrepreneurs to act as agents of change and resourceful visionaries organising cultural, financial, social and human capital, and generating revenue from cultural activities;
- support creative practitioners to turn their artistic ideas and disciplines into sustainable economic activities
The actions supporting these aims are:
- Invest €700,000 in creative entrepreneurship;
- Invest €500,000 in games development;
- Create a comprehensive cluster policy programme;
- Manage a tax deductions programme for arts sponsorships;
- Foster connections between the creative industries and businesses;
- Collaborate with Malta Enterprise on bridging the gaps in areas of access to finance, skills and incentives;
- Collaborate with the respective entities to address legislation and regulations impacting the production of cultural events;
- Collaborate with the respective entities to address the legal status of the creative professional.
In 2017 Arts Council Malta launched the Creative Industries Platform to give creative entrepreneurs the skill-set required to launch their business idea. The scope of these platforms is also to provide support and services to help creative professionals improve their product and take their creative ideas to market. The funds received by successful applicants are therefore to be used to provide one or more sub-sectors within Culture and Creative Industries with access to professional mentoring, capacity building initiatives, networking, and export development opportunities.