8.6 Developing entrepreneurial skills through culture
On this page
On this page
The Princess of Girona Foundation was created in 2009 with the aim of supporting young people in their professional and personal development, with special emphasis on identifying talented young people who serve as role models for other young people, launching programs to improve employability and educational innovation in the training of trainers. The Princess of Girona Foundation awards recognize the careers of young people between the ages of 16 and 35 from anywhere in the world who stand out for their work and merits. Among other projects to educate entrepreneurial talent, it is currently carrying out The Talent Tour, a traveling event in five Spanish cities offering workshops, conferences, debates, expeditions, concerts, exhibitions, mentoring, and networking opportunities between young people and experts in different areas, in collaboration with different organizations. It has also developed the AmplificARTE program, which offers teaching professionals the opportunity to work on emotion management with students in a disruptive way, both inside and outside the classroom.
These grants are part of the Youth Creation Programme of the Spanish Youth Institute. It makes an annual national call to promote the professionalisation of young artists (since 2011). The beneficiaries can belong to the music, visual arts, literary, design, comic and illustration sectors. The projects submitted must be included in one of these four lines of action:
- Research in projects related to the areas of the call (18 to 30 years old), up to 3,000€.
- Production of work: artistic projects with freedom of format and technique (18 to 30 years old), up to €5,000.
- Mobility of the work produced and/mobility of creators in specialised spaces, tours or residencies (except for regulated studies) at national and international level (18 to 30 years old), up to €5,000.
- Sala Amadís of the Instituto de la Juventud: curating exhibitions, programming workshops or other emerging creation activities to be carried out in groups or collectives (18 to 35 years old), up to €7,000.
- Entrepreneurship for young creation: development of cultural entrepreneurship projects whose purpose is to initiate an activity or maintain a recently created activity at national or international level (18 to 35 years old), up to €10,000.
The National Youth Awards are published annually and arise from the need to recognize the work of those young people, under thirty years of age, whose entrepreneurial work in the field of work, intercultural communication, volunteering or exercise against discrimination makes them worthy of such recognition. The 2023 call, published in the BOE, includes six categories and awards a single prize of €5,000 each (the total budget is €30,000 and funding is provided by the Instituto de la Juventud -INJUVE-):
- Social commitment: Recognition of the social and voluntary work carried out.
- Culture: recognition of the use of artistic disciplines to transmit values.
- Environment: Recognition of actions that promote respect for the environment.
- Sports: Recognition of actions carried out to make sports a means of acquiring and transmitting values among young people.
- Science and Technology: Recognition of initiatives or actions carried out in the field of science and technology.
- Human Rights: Recognition or actions carried out in the field of human rights.