8.9 Enhancing social inclusion through culture
Social inclusion strategies in FBiH, RS and BD BiH are developed for the period 2021 – 2027 with the initiative and assistance of UNICEF and EU. All strategies are general and mention culture as part of other sectors.
Social inclusion strategy of FBiH has these strategic goals:
- Strategic goal 1. Reduce poverty through social inclusion
- Strategic goal 2: Improve the social protection system
- Strategic goal 3: Strengthening territorial cohesion
Social inclusion strategy of RS has these strategic goals:
- Strategic goal 1: Improving the social position of children, young people and families with children
- Strategic goal 2: Reduce poverty through social inclusion
- Strategic goal 3: Equalization of opportunities and abolition of discrimination against disabled persons
- Strategic goal 4: Safe ageing
- Strategic goal 5: Full gender equality
- Strategic goal 6: Building a tolerant society for all
Social inclusion strategy of BD BiH has these strategic goals:
- Strategic objective 1: Competitive economy, harmoniously fitted into global development trends and value chain, as a development engine of BD BiH.
- Strategic objective 2: Improve the provision of education, health and social protection, culture, sports and public security services, on the principles of good public sector management in accordance with EU standards.
- Strategic objective 3: Sustainable environmental management, natural and infrastructure resources.
The EU Social Plan is based on the EU Growth Strategy until 2020, which was initiated in 2010 with the aim of making the EU a solid, sustainable and inclusive economy, capable of sustainable economic growth, with more and better jobs and greater social cohesion.
The process of social inclusion consists of a series of tools that can help Member States to improve their policies in poverty reduction and social exclusion. The social policy of the European Union aims to:
- Promote employment,
- Improve living and working conditions,
- Provide an appropriate level of social protection,
- Enable dialogue with social partners,
- Develop human resources to ensure a high and sustainable level of employment and adopt measures to combat exclusion.
Short-term priorities in BiH include the following: modernize the social protection system, primarily for families with children, pensioners and disabled persons.
The goal is to maintain the basic level of rights for citizens throughout BiH:
- Provide access to health care through the provision of basic health services to all citizens;
- Improve the budget planning process in all agencies responsible for social cohesion, ensuring a minimum level of income for vulnerable categories of citizens;
- Coordinate and improve child protection throughout the country;
- Establish more effective and coordinated policies in the field of work and reducing unemployment; and
- Enable returnees to reintegrate and access the social services to which they are entitled.