On this page
On this page
- The Central State Office for Demography and Youth (Središnji državni ured za demografiju i mlade. Within the Centrale State Office there is the Youth Office which is a part of the Youth and Parenting Support Sector.
The Central State Office performs administrative and professional duties aimed at improving the quality of life for young people, building an integral, comprehensive, and inter-departmental youth policy (recommending and implementing strategic documents, laws and other acts, programmes and projects in the field of youth policies and their monitoring and evaluation, especially in the field of youth partnership inclusion in the decision-making process, informal education, leisure time and youth culture, volunteering and civil society development participation, political participation and human rights promotion, informing, mobility and ensuring quality and regular support for organised youth sector and its activity), as well as developing measures and programmes relating to the prevention of youth social exclusion. Youth issues within the ministry are delegated to the department for democratic development, children and youth, within which functions the service for youth and volunteering.
- The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs is the key government body for all issues of foreign politics and international relations
- The Ministry of Science and Education it's task is to create prerequisites for the free movement of students, professors, scientists and researchers in the sphere of higher education and science, which is in the spirit of the European policy of creating a uniform education and scientific area. The entire international cooperation of educational, academic and scientific institutions implies an exchange of various forms of scholarships in all categories, implementation of joint (scientific-research) projects, and organization of international conferences and seminars.
- The Ministry of Labour, Pension System, Family and Social Policy, Sector for the Coordination of European Affairs and International Cooperation is the focal point for the coordination and preparation of professional preparations and proposals for positions within the competence of the Ministry. It is also a focal point in cooperation with other competent state administration bodies. Also for other internal organizational units of the Ministry and public institutions within the competence of the Ministry, for the purpose of participating in the work of the European Union bodies and international initiatives and organizations with an emphasis on coordination of activities in the International Labor Organization, Council of Europe and the United Nations.
- The Ministry of Culture and Media, performs administrative and other tasks in the field of culture that are related to, among other, professional and administrative tasks for the Croatian Commission for UNESCO; fostering programmes aimed at meeting the cultural needs of the Croatian people in other countries;
- The State Office for Croats abroad is a central state administration body competent for the relations between the Republic of Croatia and the Croatians outside the Republic of Croatia.
- The Youth Council of the Government of Croatia (Savjet za mlade Vlade Republike Hrvatske) is an interdepartmental advisory body of the Croatian Government with the mission to participate in developing youth public policies. The Council monitors the work of ministries and other governmental bodies in implementing, monitoring and evaluating youth policies. Furthermore, it monitors the development of youth-led and for youth associations and gives recommendations for the advancement of their operation and support system; also, it makes recommendations for developing youth policies on the local, regional, national, and European levels; monitors and reacts to social incidences significant to youth.
- Agency for mobility and EU programmes (AMEUP) is a public institution within the Ministry of Science and Education, which is responsible for implementing and promoting European Union programmes and other international programmes in the fields of science, education, training, and youth:
- Erasmus+ – with the goal of improving the quality of education and training abroad
- Europass – Europass Curriculum Vitae and Language Passport make your skills and qualifications clearly and easily understood in Europe
- CEEPUS – the academic mobility programme
- Bilateral programme – a scholarship programme in which partner countries award scholarships to Croatian citizens
- Institute for Social Research in Zagreb, Centre for Youth and Gender Studies, which is responsible for studying youth and women. The Centre carries out research in the scientific fields of sociology, political science and philosophy, with an emphasis on the interdisciplinary approach and the longitudinal monitoring of social phenomena and processes.
- Croatian Youth Network (Mreža mladih Hrvatske) is an alliance of 65 non-governmental youth organisations acting as the National Youth Council in the Republic of Croatia and is a member of the European Youth Forum.
- The Institute for the Development of Education edits a portal on scholarships which enables young people to apply for educational scholarships within and outside of Croatia.
The Croatian Government Youth Council (Savjet za mlade Vlade RH) monitors the work of ministries and governmental bodies involved in developing youth policies on the European level.
Members of the Youth Council are representatives of relevant government bodies, representatives of scientific institutions and county associations.
Youth advisory boards
Youth Advisory Boards (Savjeti mladih) are advisory bodies of local and regional self-government units that promote and advocate the rights, needs and interests of young people at local and regional level. They are established based on the Youth Advisory Boards Act (OG 41/14) (Zakon o savjetima mladih, NN 41/14), and their members and deputy members are elected for a term of three years.