On this page
On this page
The major institution that takes care of and governs the national health policy is the Ministry of Health. It is supported by the National Center of Public Health and Analyses (NCPHA) especially established in 2011, and by the Ministry of Youth and Sports. NCPHA is a structure of the national healthcare system and works for the protection of public health, promotion of health and prophylaxis of diseases, information provision for healthcare management. The center manages, controls and coordinates the information activities in healthcare by:
- Developing and unifying medical and statistics documents for the health status of the population and for the resources and activity of healthcare establishments;
- Developing mathematical models and forecasts for the demographic and health status of the population;
- Ensuring operational and annual medical-statistics and economic information;
- Carrying out activities for development of common health information system and e-healthcare;
- Developing and introducing a system for classification of patients and reporting and payment technologies;
- Maintaining, updating and publishing health information standards;
The main objective of the Ministry of Youth and Sports is to implement common, consistent and sustainable youth policy in the country.
The wide scope of problems affecting young people requires multi-sectoral approach in the youth policy. To this end, it could not be successful without the appropriate cooperation with other sectors, such as education, employment, gender equality, healthcare, competitiveness, etc. This multi-sectoral approach needs to be developed at national, regional, district and municipal level by including targeted actions supporting the development of young people in the sectoral policies, and by ensuring opportunities for constructive dialogue with them when formulating, implementing and evaluating the youth policy.