5.8 Raising political awareness among young people
On this page
On this page
- National Youth Report, 2017) Годишен доклад за младежта 2017.
In 2017 the institutions in the country implemented activities in support of the encouragement and support for the familiarization with the separate ethnic communities and their cultures. The Ministry of Culture provides financial support to artistic projects of organizations of ethnic communities, as well as of other cultural institutions working in the field of international dialogue. In 2017 the following events were subject to support: the
- "Шофар" от еврейската организация "Шалом" “Shofar” Annual Tolerance Awards of the “Shalom” Organization of the Jews in Bulgaria (OJB),
- organization and holding of an official concert and activities on the occasion of celebration of the Roma New Year “Vasilica”,
- the celebration of April 8 – the International Roma Day, at “Sredets” Gallery of the Ministry of Culture,
- the National Ethnic Festival with international participation in the town of Vidin,
- the Regional Carnival “Zlatnoto Magare” – Municipality of Dulovo,
- the National Festival of Ethnic Groups “Bulgaria For All” – Varna
In Bulgaria many departments work towards transparent and youth public communication. An example of this is the Министерство на околната среда и водите (Ministry of Environment and Water (MoEW). The campaigns and educational initiatives held by the MoEW and its divisions in 2017 covered more than 30 000 students and students of over 20 universities and 650 schools in the country. There is an expressed tendency towards an increase of the number of participants. There is an increased interest by local communities and groups, which initiate their own events and seek for partnership for their implementation in the person of the regional divisions of the MoEW. There is also innovation seen in the initiatives themselves, as the search here is for actual effect and sustainability.