3.10 Promotion of entrepreneurship culture
On this page
On this page
Some of the public measure or initiatives organised at top level by public funds in order to promote the entrepreneurship culture are the following:
- Annual Conference on Entrepreneurship and Start-ups organized by the Youth Board of Cyprus. The first conference was implemented in December 2017 and the second in February 2019. Both events were very successful in attracting a big number of young people and informing them about entrepreneurship.
- The Youth Board of Cyprus is responsible to promote the Youth Entrepreneurship Scheme (Σχέδιο Ενίσχυσης Νέας Επιχειρηματικής Δραστηριότητας), which operates under the umbrella of the Ministry of Energy, Commerce and Industry (Industrial Development Service). More specifically, the Youth Board of Cyprus is responsible for:
- The promotion of the program and the distribution of relevant information to young people,
- The organization of seminars to present the program,
- The provision of technical assistance and other consultation to interested people,
- The enhancement of the cooperation among young entrepreneurs participating to the program.
- The Annual Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum that is run by the Centre for Entrepreneurship (C4E) of the University of Cyprus and its partners. The fifth edition of the Forum was carried out in December 2020. The Forum highlights research results with a potential for market exploitation and/or societal impact and celebrate entrepreneurial success, by awarding individuals or teams that excelled in innovative entrepreneurship in Cyprus or abroad. It brings together multidisciplinary knowledge from researchers, professionals, industry and business leaders and successful entrepreneurs seeking for potential research, economic and technological synergies.
- "Students in Research - MERA" and "Technology and Innovation in Education - TEKE". Both competitions are organized by the Research and Innovation Foundation and are being launched in cooperation with the Centre for Educational Research and Evaluation.
There are no public policies or initiatives organised at top level, by public funds, specifically targeting young people