On this page
On this page
The existing policies and measures with regard to social inclusion are part of different programmes and policies. An overall national strategy on social inclusion of young people does not exist in Luxembourg. However, promoting social inclusion is an important aim of the National Reform Programme 2020. This document highlights two main programmes or strategies on social inclusion for young people:
- Youth guarantee programme (Jugendgarantie)
- National strategy against homelessness and housing-related social exclusion (Stratégie nationale contre le sans-abrisme et l'exclusion liée au logement 2013-2020).
There exists no evidence-based monitoring, nor assessment or evaluation, of the programme/strategy implementation so far. A final external evaluation of the national strategy against homelessness and housing-related exclusion is scheduled for 2020/2021 to determine which measures to pursue.
1. Youth guarantee programme
The Youth guarantee programme has been implemented in Luxembourg since 2014. The main target groups of the youth guarantee programme are principally young people with NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) profiles. The programme focuses on inactive or unemployed young people between 16 and 24 years of age (for further details see: Youth Guarantee). With regard to social inclusion policy for young people, the main focus of the Youth guarantee programme lies in the promotion of:
- Measures favouring young people's transition from academic to professional life
- Measures motivating young people to return to school.
2. National strategy against homelessness and housing-related social exclusion
The Luxembourg government has endorsed the national strategy against homelessness and housing exclusion for the years 2013–2020. Two action fields in this policy specifically address the homelessness of children and young people:
- Action field 2 of this strategy aims at preventing young people's homelessness and offering assistance to young people in distress and homeless young people
- Action field 3 addresses homeless young people between the ages of 18 and 30 years in Luxembourgish municipalities.
The Youth guarantee programme is coordinated by the ministry of Labour, Employment and the Social and Solidarity Economy. The National strategy against homelessness and housing-related social exclusion is coordinated by the ministry of Family Affairs, Integration and the Greater Region.
There are no revisions or updates.