On this page
On this page
Slovakia declared its commitments in the field of digital innovation at the prestigious Digital Day 2021 event. During the event, Slovakia signed three documents - the Declaration on European Data Gateways, the Declaration on Green and Digital Transformation of the EU and the Declaration on Standards for Startups.
Slovenská inovačná a energetická agentúra (the Slovak Innovation and Energy Agency) supports small and medium entrepreneurs via creative vouchers. The support in the form of creative vouchers is provided from the European Regional Development Fund and the state budget through the Operational Program Integrated Infrastructure 2014 - 2020. The national project Support for the Development of the Creative Industry in Slovakia enables small and medium-sized enterprises to access the professional services of the creative industry, thanks to which they can increase their competitiveness and innovation potential.
Support for the new media usage in art and culture in Slovakia as well as educational and training activities are the domain of different groups of active individuals and civic associations but partially also of some university colleges and departments.
PROGRESSBAR / coworking
- promoting the development of knowledge and skills in the fields of technology, science, art and culture,
- utilization of new technologies and media and their creative use in artistic practice.
- projects focusing on artistic activity using media and film for children and young people e.g. Children's Festival: Open Studio in Trenčín, Creative competition of photography and film and others.
The most significant digitization of the cultural heritage took place in 2012-2016 through activities of the institutions of the Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic:
- Documentation and Information Center of Roma Culture, State Scientific Library in Prešov,
- Digital Information System of Culture of the Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic - SLOVAKIANA,
- Digital Library and Digital Archive of the Slovak National Library.
- General public (including pupils and school students);
- projects were funded by the European Regional Development Fund under the Operational Program Information Society.
Other opportunities for youth to access culture provided by NGOs:
MONOSKOP - Database of collaborative studies and works in the field of art, media and humanities. / wiki for collaborative studies of arts, media and humanities,
MULTIPLACE network - organization of the New media art and culture festival.
- Beginning artists, students of arts etc.
- Donors, private sources, participation fees.