On this page
On this page
For more information on formal education, please consult Chapter 6. Education and Training, section 8: Media literacy and safe use of new media.
Non formal learning projects:
INJUVES grants for the Young creation
These grants are part of the Youth Creation Programme (Creación Joven) of the Spanish Youth Institute (Instituto de la Juventud (INJUVE). It makes an annual national call to promote the professionalisation of young artists. The beneficiaries can belong to the music, visual arts, literary, design, comic and illustration sectors. The projects submitted should opt for one of these four types of aid:
- Production of work with freedom of format and technique (18-30 years); up to 3,500€.
- Mobility expenses for the production of works, tours, residencies and mobility of the artists at the national and international level (18-30 years) up to 3,500€.
- Entrepreneurship for young creators in emerging spaces of creation (18-35 years) up to 7,000€.
- Sala Amadís of the Institute of the Youth: curatorship of exhibitions, workshops or other activities of emergent creation to develop in group or collective (18-35 years) 7,000€.
INJUVE 2021 Creation Programme
A new call was launched in 2021 for the INJUVE 2021 Creation Programme (Ayudas Injuve para la Creación Joven 2021) which began in 2011.
These grants are aimed at young creators up to 30 or 35 years of age (depending on the line of action) for projects to be developed during the year 2022 in areas such as visual, performing, musical, literary, design, comic and illustration arts.
The projects submitted must be included in one of these four lines of action:
- Production of work: artistic projects with freedom of format and technique (18 to 30 years old), up to €5,000.
- Mobility of work produced and/or mobility of creators in specialised spaces, tours or residencies (except for regulated studies) at national and international level (18 to 30 years old), up to €5,000.
- Entrepreneurship for young creation: development of cultural entrepreneurship projects whose purpose is to initiate an activity or maintain a recently created activity at national or international level (18 to 35 years old), up to €10,000.
- Sala Amadís of the Instituto de la Juventud: curating exhibitions, programming workshops or other emerging creation activities to be carried out in groups or collectives (18 to 35 years old), up to €7,000.
Grant action and cultural promotion (Ayudas acción y promoción cultural) The call is announced on a yearly basis. It was announced in April 2019 and had a budget with a maximum amount of €1.4 million. It was available on the website of the Spanish Youth Institute (Instituto de la Juventud (INJUVE)) and its resolution was issued by the Ministry of Culture and Sport (Ministerio de Cultura y Deporte) and published in the Official State Gazette (BOE). The objective of the subsidy for action and cultural promotion (Ayudas acción y promoción cultural 2019) is to modernize and promote the cultural sector by means of:
- Activities that contribute to the production, dissemination of contents and cultural services using new technologies as a tool.
- Increasing the professionalisation of cultural and creative industries and their capacity to create jobs, enhancing the formation and integration of sectoral associations and networks within the cultural sector.
- Stimulating the participation of the private sector and promoting cultural patronage.
- Promoting the internationalisation of Spanish culture and its inclusion in European networks of cultural offer, improving the links between the Autonomous Communities, to promote the active participation of citizens in the cultural processes and to strengthen Spain as a cultural tourist destination.
The beneficiaries are individuals with Spanish nationality, or that of any Member State of the European Union or of the European Economic Area (EEA) Agreement. Legal entities can participate as long as the are non-profit and have a fiscal domicile in Spain.
Training offer in cultural industries
- CULTUREX Scholarships (Becas CULTUREX) for practical training and specialization in cultural management at cultural institutions abroad. This scholarship programme is for nine months of practical training in cultural management for young professionals abroad to internationalise the cultural management and cultural exchange. There are three ways to do this. a) commercial offices, b) cultural institutions, c) Spanish consulates and embassies. The beneficiaries are Spanish citizens over the age of 18 and under 35, with strong knowledge of the English language and/or of the language of the requested destination country. The procedure is public and begins with the publication of the call in Official State Gazette (Boletín Oficial del Estado (BOE)).
Meeting with Young Creators, in the Month of Emergent Design
The meeting is aimed at young students, teachers and the general public interested in the grants of INJUVE´s Young Creation. INJUVE´s Young Creation. Other activities include participating for the first time in the Month of Emergent Design (Mes del Diseño Emergente), in which the outstanding students of the main schools of fashion design show their designs in the showcases of the Museum of Costume (Museo del Traje), and in which the beneficiaries of Young Creators grant exhibit their creative experiences as well as the challenges of their professional field.
The Consortium of Museums in the Valencian Community (Consorci de Museus de la Comunitat Valenciana) launched a Residency Programme for artistic creators. There are four openings to present unpublished proposals or people who are in the process of research in order to promote their production. The main idea is to endow the creators with resources, space, time and backing for the creation of their projects. The initiative is linked to contemporary artistic creation that aims at experimentation and innovation in the present visual, scenic, musical, literary or audiovisual fields. At least two of the four selected projects must correspond to people who are rooted in the Valencian Community. The approved projects began their residences of two to four months in the year 2018 and had a monthly financial allowance that covers production expenses, travel allowance for the trip and lodging.