1.5 Cross-sectoral approach with other ministries
On this page
On this page
Youth Interministerial Commission
It is a specific cooperation body between the Ministries as well as of promotion of youth policies, in charge of monitoring situations and problems affecting youth and proposing programmes and measures to the Government in order to solve them. In other words, it is a cooperation and relation body with the ensemble of Ministries in order to promote youth policies. Therefore, it is an instrument that allows putting together interministerial plans and other actions addressed to youth, as well as maintaining a joint vision on the Government actions that, developed by the different Ministries, have an impact upon youth.
Its structure is made up by the following members:
- Chairperson: the legal person from the Ministry.
- First Vice-chairperson: First Vice-chairperson: Secretary of State for Social Rights and 2030 Agenda.
- Second Vice-chairperson: the legal person from the General Direction of the Injuve.
- Spokespersons: A representative ranking as Director-General of the ministerial departments from the General Government Administration and the Chairman of the Youth Council
- Secretary: a civil servant of the Youth Institute (the General Government Administration Youth National Agency).
The purposes of this body are:
- Proposing public policies to the Government
- The study of the problems affecting youth
- Coordination of the ministerial actions concerning youth
- Monitoring the initiatives of the Spanish Youth Council
- Enforcement of the initiatives
- Other tasks assigned by the Government
The full Interministerial Commission shall meet at least twice a year, and shall be assisted in its functioning by the Youth Institute in order to carry out its abovementioned purposes.
On a General Government Administration scale, the body for the coordination and follow-up of the youth public policies is the Youth Interministerial Commission. This commission was established by Royal Decree 1923/2008 (Real Decreto 1923/2008) of 21st of November 2008. This body is currently attached to the Ministry of Social Rights and 2030 Agenda (under the Secretary of State for Social Rights).
Youth Institute (taking part in other collegiate bodies of the General Government Administration)
Given the cross-cutting nature of its duties, the Youth Institute participates in different collegiate bodies belonging to the General Government Administration as well as in other administrations whose work scope has an impact on youth.
Inter-territorial Council of Youth
The Youth Interregional Council (Consejo Interterritorial de Juventud) was established on the 18th of October 2007. Its purpose is to strengthen cooperation between the Autonomous Regions and the State, as well as between Autonomous Regions, concerning all matters to do with youth public policies.