5.10 Current debates and reforms
There are not many public, governmental or social debates or plans for dialogue on the topic of youth participation.
- developing a nationwide training programme for teachers assisting school student councils,
- tools for the prevention of verbal and physical abuse of teachers,
- scholarship programme based not only on scholastic records.
30 of these recommendations have already been made or they are in progress; 8 of them have not been fulfilled yet ('2020. évi Országos Diákparlament ajánlásai').
According to the Ministry information the most important issues being discussed recently:
- How can students in vocational education form a National Youth Parliament?
- How we can involve the knowledge and experience of young people studying abroad into youth policy in Hungary?
- How to ensure equal participation opportunities in public life to young people with disadvantaged backgrounds?
The relevant Ministry discusses these question with important stakeholders in the field of youth policy, such as
- the members of the National Youth Parliament,
- Student Councils,
- leaders of the youth-related government fields and
- local government actors, politicians.